Mumbai Indian actress Deepika Padukone is set to present an award at MTV Europe Music Awards 2016 on November 6. The “Bajirao Mastani” star will make her international red carpet debut as she presents an award with singers Beyonce and Justin Bieber a few of the many renowned artistes nominated.
The actress posted an image on her Instagram account, announcing the news.
“Can’t wait, November 6, MTV EMA,” she captioned the image which had her black and white silhouette with the information below.
Deepika will soon be making her Hollywood debut in “xXx: The Return of Xander Cage” opposite Hollywood actor Vin Diesel in 2017.
The award ceremony will air in India on November 7 on Vh1.Read more
Los Angeles Singer Taylor Swift felt “frantic and distressed” after being groped by a Disk Jockey (DJ). The 26-year-old singer has an ongoing lawsuit against DJ David Mueller, whom she accused of grabbing her derriere, when they met backstage at her concert in Colorado last year, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
While a judge has agreed to make photographs of the reported incident sealed from public view, Swift’s videotaped deposition has now been made available. In the deposition, which was videographed on July 26, the “Blank space” hitmaker was asked to recount the incident in detail and spoke about her embarrassment and discomfort.
“I remember being frantic, distressed, feeling violated in a way I had never experienced before,” Swift said.
“A meet-and-greet is supposed to be a situation where you’re thanking people for coming, you’re supposed to be welcoming people into your home, which is the arena for that day, and for someone to violate that hospitality in that way, I was completely stunned,” she added.
And Swift insisted the DJ’s conduct proved his behaviour was completely intentional. “Right as the moment came for us to pose for the photo, he took his hand and put it up my dress and grabbed onto my ass cheek and no matter how much I scooted over it was still there.”
“It was completely intentional, I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life,” the singer added.Read more
1. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
Indian Hindi romantic drama film written and directed by Karan Johar. It features Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma in lead roles. After a long restriction on the film finally Karan Johar shared the news on Twitter Ae Dil Hai Mushkil will release on Diwali 2016.
It is an Indian action thriller film directed and produced by Ajay Devgan. It features Ajay Devgn, Sayyeshaa Saigal, and Erika Kaar in lead roles. Shivaay is scheduled to release on 28 October 2016 on the Diwali weekend.
Indian Tamil-language dark fantasy film written and directed by Gokul. It features Karthi, Nayantara and Sri Divya in the lead roles.The film is also worldwide release on 28 October 2016.
Tamil political thriller film written and directed by R. S. Durai Senthilkumar and produced by Vetrimaaran under his banner Grass Root Film Company. The film stars Dhanush, Trisha and Anupama Parameswaran, along with S. A. Chandrasekhar and Saranya Ponvannan.
Indian Tamil comedy film directed by P. Sagayasuresh, starring Ma Ka Pa Anand and Aishwarya Rajesh in the lead roles.The film began production in early 2015 and will be released in this Diwali.
Los Angeles, Oct 21 (IANS) Producer Don Granger says further instalments of “Jack Reacher”, based on Lee Child’s 2005 novel “One Shot”, are on the cards.
The 2012 film’s sequel “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back” has hit some of the screens worldwide, and the producer would love to make more parts of the action thriller.
“I would love to be doing this again in a couple of years,” Granger told dailystar.co.uk.
“The thing with adapting the books is you could pick up any one of them and start wherever you want because each is a separate adventure. There is so much to choose from.”
The author had predicted that the film’s leading actor Tom Cruise would be keen for extending the franchise.Read more
Queen of comedy Rebel Wilson, a talented actress and writer, became known for playing Kristen Wiig’s roommate in Bridesmaids her full name “Rebel Melanie Elizabeth Wilson”.
Check out facts you probably never knew about her.
1. Wilson was born on 2 March 1980 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. She has three sisters called Liberty, Ryot and Annachi.
2.Wilson’s first career choice was mathematics. She told The Sydney Morning Herald, “I was very academic at high school and was always good with numbers.” She attended the University of New South Wales, graduate with Arts and Laws degrees.
3. Wilson has claimed that her great-aunt was Lillian Bounds, who was married to Walt Disney until his death in 1966. This claim was proven false in 2016 by genealogist Dale Sheldon.
4. Rebel is a big fan of gangsta rap. She enjoys rap music and used to compete with her sister Liberty in music competitions when they were younger.
5. Putting on an American accent causes her physical pain. According to the Mirror, Rebel confessed ” I love talking in an American accent, even if it hurts my face after a few hours”.
6. Wilson asserted that the producers of Pitch Perfect had refused to let her lose any more weight during filming, as her contract stated she must stay the same size.
7. Rebel Wilson is a former Rotary International Youth Ambassador for Australia.
8. Her favorite Reality TV show is “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”
9. She likes to wear track suits and dress for comfort.
10. In January 2012, Wilson told James Wigney and Elle Halliwell of The Daily Telegraph that she had lost 10 kilograms (22 lb) since signing up to the program.
11. Wilson studied at the Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP). In 2003 she moved to New York after winning the ATYP International scholarship, which was funded by Nicole Kidman.
Los Angeles Actor Jon Hamm says he was not “quite ready for game time” when he lost his virginity at the age of 19.
“There’s no version of it that’s not awkward. Let’s put it this way: As much as I had practiced, I was still not quite ready for game time,” Hamm said, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
And growing up wasn’t easy for the “Mad Men” star in other areas either, as he recalls feeling a “deep tragedy” when his mother died of cancer when he was just 10 years old.
“(My father) was twice widowed. He was divorced from my mum when she died, but even so, there’s a deep sense of tragedy in that. I never had the opportunity to, as an adult, sit down and talk to him about that. It’s a real loss. I was quasi-adopted by my friends’ families,” he said.
After losing his mother, the “Million Dollar Arm” actor also lost his father, and sought counselling to help him deal with the loss.Read more
Ruby Rose is the multi-talented star of Hollywood why she is a multi- talented because she dazzle there name in many field like modelling, DJ, recording artist, actress, television presenter, and former MTV VJ.
Here are the cool facts about the Ruby Rose
1. Rose was born in Melbourne to Katia Langenheim, a 20-year-old single mother and artist, Ruby is the single child, she is the god-daughter of Indigenous Australian boxer Lionel Rose and the great-granddaughter of Alec Campbell, last surviving soldier of Gallipoli soldier.
2. She first gained fame by joining the Australian magazine Girlfriend’s model search in 2002. She then became the face of Maybelline in Australia, which garnered even more attention for her.
3. She is also a model and designer, she launched a fashion “Milk and Honey’ in 2010. Ruby Rose made her first American television debut as the new inmate Stella Carlin in season three of Orange Is the New Black.
4. She revealed in an interview to Issue magazine that she could remix her song with Calvin Harris because he is the talented guy.
5. Her idol is Angelina Jolie, who served Rose an inspiration when she was growing up.
6. She revealed in an interview with Cosmo that she used to wish she had been born a boy and would always pray to God that she shouldn’t get breasts.
7. Rose’s favorite book is ” Just went out the Milk” by Tommy Cotton and her favorite album is Taylor Swift’s 1989.
8. Rose came out as a lesbian at the age of 12. She was also sexually abused as a child by a relative. In 2008 and 2009, she was chosen as one of the 25 Most Influential Gay and Lesbian Australians by Same Same, an Australian online gay and lesbian community.
9. In 2014 she got engaged to British fashion designer Phoebe Dahl, who is the granddaughter of author Roald Dahl. She Calls Her Fiancée “Queen”.They have a dog named Ru and a cat named Cricket.
10. In 2010, during an interview with Inked magazine, Rose had lost count of her tattoos but estimated that she has around 30 of them.
New York, Oct 19 Actress Amanda Seyfried says she has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). While discussing home renovations in Allure magazine’s November issue, the actress mentioned she has obsessive compulsive disorder, reports eonline.com.
“I bought the house in 2013, and then I had it redone,” the 30-year-old said of the house she owns in Stone Ridge, New York.
“I just finished renovating one of the barns for guests. I put in a bathroom and a little kitchenette, but no stove; I want people to eat meals in the house. Also, I always worry about people and how they use stoves. Which is just a controlling thing.”
That worry, she explained, is related to her OCD.
“I’m on Lexapro, and I’ll never get off of it,” Seyfried said of needing an anti-depressant. I’ve been on it since I was 19, so 11 years. I’m on the lowest dose. I don’t see the point of getting off of it. Whether it’s placebo or not, I don’t want to risk it. And what are you fighting against? Just the stigma of using a tool? A mental illness is a thing that people cast in a different category (from other illnesses), but I don’t think it is. It should be taken as seriously as anything else.”
Seyfried, who had previously discussed being in therapy, does what she can to manage her disease.
“You don’t see the mental illness: It’s not a mass; it’s not a cyst. But it’s there. Why do you need to prove it? If you can treat it, you treat it,” she said.
“I had pretty bad health anxiety that came from the OCD and thought I had a tumor in my brain. I had an MRI, and the neurologist referred me to a psychiatrist. As I get older, the compulsive thoughts and fears have diminished a lot. Knowing that a lot of my fears are not reality-based really helps.”
Inputs from IANSRead more
Entertainment October 19, 2016
Mumbai, Oct 18 Bollywood actor Neil Nitin Mukesh will be fasting along his fiancee Rukmini Sahay on the occasion of Karwa Chauth on Wednesday.
“Rukmini is quite traditional in her upbringing and I would like to support her wherever I can,” Neil said in a statement.
According to a source close to the actor, there will be a traditional ceremony at Neil’s south Mumbai residence. He will also gift her a special pair of handcrafted Kundan bangles.
Neil, grandson of legendary singer Mukesh, got engaged to Mumbai-based Rukmini at a ceremony attended by close family and friends on the auspicious occasion of Dussehra earlier this month. They will tie the knot early next year.
All images courtesy Neil Nitin Mukesh’s twitterRead more
You cant talk about this actress without talking about her role as Lindsay Wier in cult-hit Freaks and Geeks. Linda Edna Cardellini became famous for portrayal of girl who is neither a geek or a freak, somewhere in between.
Called ‘Stinky’ in School
In an interview to Good House Keeping, Linda recounts how once her mom dressed her as a skunk for her very first play she was ever in (it was about ‘noah’s ark)’ and everyone used to call her stinky after that.
In her interview with NY daily news, Cardellini talks about what initiated her towards this career. She made her first public appearance at age 10, when she sang in a school play. It was all because of a teacher who encouraged her to play a role in a schoolChristmas play in the San Francisco-area community where Cardellini grew up.”I was hesitant at first, but after this teacher heard me sing, she wrote a huge part for me in the play,” Cardellini said. “After that, I went on to community theater, where I played an old woman in ‘The Music Man,’ and that was it.” She was bitten by the acting bug! Subsequently, she acted in several school productions and started attending drama lessons.
Cardellini remembers feeling as a youngster that she “wanted to act almost more than she wanted to breathe”.
After high school , Cardellini had to choose between relocating to New York to pursue acting in theatre or heading south to Los Angeles for movie and TV roles. Cardellini’s mother advised her to do what she wanted, and the teen went to LA. A decision that she does not regret.
Her First Gig
The first time she appeared on TV it was for the Price is Right and she won a gas fireplace as a contestant on The Price Is Right in 1994.
In her interview with Conan in 2016, Linda talked about her first gig. She came to hollywood for college when she was 18. She was a thing on a telephone post asking “do you want to be in the movies” She was an extra in a ‘half-nudey’ movie shot in an LA county jail. The movie did come out. The movie was about girls getting sold into prostitution in jail.
Cardellini received her first big break in 1996 on ABC’s live-action series Bone Chillers. She was still in college when she got the role.
After this she went to make guest appearances in several TV shows such as Clueless, Step by Step, 3rd Rock from the Sun and Boy Meets World.. She co-starred in Boy Meets World, Guys Like Us. All these jobs were before her breakthrough role in Freaks and Greeks.
Infact, when we she went o audition for the role, she was not at all confident about getting the part. This let really put her best foot forward as Lindsay Wier. When she walked into the freaks and geeks set on her first day, she started crying. She felt scared, they had built the whole school that smelled and looked like a real school. and she realised that she was going to be at the centre of the show, she felt scared and started crying. Because she felt the responsibility and feeling overwhelmed by the size of it, nervous hoping that she could do it.
Right when things had started looking a little brighter, Linda was devastated to find out that her show was axed by the network. What is even worse is that Linda got to know the show got cancelled before going on David Lettermen, she had to promote the show even though it had been cancelled because she was already on her way to the interview.
She went back to school after Freaks and Geeks. She graduated from graduated from the theater department of Loyola Marymount University in 2001. It was around this time that she started dating Jason Segel.
Cardellini got to play Welma in Warner Bros.’s Scooby-Doo in 2002 and 2004, did a cameo in Good Burger, Legally Blonde, The Unsaid and Grandma’s Boy.
In an interview in 2003 Cardellini discloses that she had audtioned for ER in 1994 about 7 times but could not get the role.
She worked in ER for six years, said its ‘one of the nicest place to be’
In 2005, Linda starred in ‘American Gun’, directorial debut of Aric Avelino. The movie went on to be nominated a Best Picture at the Independant Spirit Awards in 2007. In the same yes, she delivered an outstanding performance in Brokeback mountain, which wont the Golden Globe for Best Picture and Outstanding Ensemble in a MotionPicture Drama by the Screen Actor’s Guild.
Linda had worked with Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana on Brokeback Mountain and the duo liked her work so much that that they later cast her in CBS’s Hallmark Hall of Fame mini-series Comanche Moon (2008). It was a huge deal as it showed their trust in Cardellini’s talent and presence on screen. Cardellini starred alongside Val Kilmer and Steve Zahn in the six-hour, epic mini-series in 2008.
All this time she was still working in ER, the break in the shooting enabled her to act in movies. This was also one of the reasons that Cardellini chose the show, although she never intended to stick around for more than one or one and a half years but she liked the work-environment.
In 2011, Cardellini co-starred in Jonathan Hensleigh’s independent feature film “Kill the Irishman,” alongside Christopher Walken, Ray Stevenson and Val Kilmer. The film was based on the true story of Danny Greene, a tough Irish thug working for mobsters in Cleveland during the 1970s. In February 2012, Cardellini starred as ‘Kelli’ in the independent film “Return,” opposite Michael Shannon and John Slattery which earned Cardellini an Independent Spirit Award nomination for “Best Female Lead.”
“Return” was featured in the Director’s Fortnight section at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival and was an official entry at The Deauville, London and Palm Springs International Film Festivals. “Return” follows ‘Kelli’ as she returns home from war and learns how to adjust to a slower, normal life.
2013 was a good year, Cardellina bagged the role of ‘Don Draper’s’ married mistress “Sylvia Rosen’. Critics praised her portrayal of the character. Cardellini received her first Emmy nomination for “Outstanding Guest Actress in A Drama Series” for her role.
In the past few years, she has co-starred with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferell in Daddy’s Home(2015), acted in TV series Bloodline for three seasons, lent her voice for Gravity Falls 2012-2016 and Sanjay and Garg.
Her next performance is in a movie about Ray Kroc, the man behind making Mc Donalds an muti-billion dollar success. The movie will release in December, 2016.
- Cardellini is afraid of the ocean.
- Had a fake id but no one believed it, because she always looked too young for her age.
- Her horse Scarlett likes to drink beer.
- She is quite a good singer.
- The movie ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall’ is allegedly based on her and Jason Segel’s relationship.
- She was working on minimum wage before she got her first acting stint.
- Shooting for her first episode in ER, she had to stab a guy in the neck with a needle. It was retractable, but it wasn’t retracting. The guy ended with a giant red welt on his neck.