‘Life is really simple but we insist on making it complicated’, said Confucius. Don’t you wonder that how easy it would have been for all of us if life came with a help book or guide. There are so many times when we just don’t get it. Like why we feel the way we do, why things happen to us the way they do and why we react to them that way. And all of these questions that we ask ourselves somewhat complicates our life. This is the time when psychology comes to our aid. Yes, apparently psychology has all the answers to these complications we have about life. The way our brain functions has a lot to do with the way we are, and the choices we make. It can eventually help us understand why we are the way we are!
Here are some interesting facts about our psychic that can change the way you think about your life.
1. Women with higher IQ’s have a harder time in finding a partner.
2. Your mind rewrites the monotonous speeches of boring people to make it interesting.
3. Chocolates and shopping are more addictive than LSD and steroids.
4. The last person we think about before going to sleep, is the source of our sorrow or happiness.
5. If you announce your goals to someone, you are less likely to achieve it.
6. If you tear the labels off your drink bottles, you are not sexually content.
7. Money can buy you happiness, only to an extent. Studies show that after 49 Lakhs (approx) every year, increased income does little to boost happiness.
8. The feeling of being in a romantic love affair is same as having an obsessive compulsive disorder.
9. People who swear a lot tends to be more loyal, up-right and honest with their friends.
10. It is possible to die from a broken heart. This condition is called Stress Cardiomyopathy.
11. Smart people tend to underestimate themselves while ignorant people think they are too smart.
12. Narcissists are most likely to have casual sex to display their authority rather than passion.
13. Feeling ignored releases the same chemicals in our body that as when we get an injury.
14. Your tongue length is related to your sexual curiosity. Those who can lick their elbows are more willing to try new experiences.
15. Our brain perceives rejection as a form of physical pain.
16. Cherophobia is an actual condition of mind where a person gets too afraid to be happy, thinking something tragic will happen soon.
17. It only takes four minutes to fall in love with a person.
18. The longer we hide our feelings, the stronger those feelings will grow.
19. When we try to remember a past event, our brain automatically tries to remember the last time we remembered it rather than the actual event itself.
20. People fascinated by serial killers are better conversationalists.
21. People get more happiness by spending money on others rather than themselves.
22. Our heart has nothing to do with the feeling of ‘being in love’. It is solely a result of the chemical reaction in our brain.
23. We tend to like the songs to which we can relate to connect on an emotional level.
24. Convincing yourself that you slept well. tricks your mind into thinking it did.
25. Your decisions are more rational when thought in native language.