Aditi Mittal is a humorous and gut-busting emerging stand-up comedian star. She has been featured in the American documentary “Stand-Up Planet” and had the pleasure of meeting some of the greatest comedy stalwarts such as Bill Cosby, Carl Reiner and many more. She is also the first Indian comedian to perform at the home of stand-up comedy in the world “The Laugh Factory” in Los Angeles, California. For some reason even in 21st century, there is still so much shame and stigma around talking some issues, especially when it comes to women. Aditi’s valiant, witty and knee-slappingly humorous take on such dubious issues has fashioned her as a one of a kind. She is a protagonist trying to break this stigma through humor.
Her charismatic and cutting edge performance for her stand-up comedy special “Things They Wouldn’t Let Me Say” her first stand-up comedy special on ‘Sanitary Napkins’ is scornfully comical, engaging and entertaining. Let’s take a look at some of best moments from her stand up.
1. There is a unique Dead ringer between the Dark Lord, Voldemort and the Sanitary Napkins that they both Must – Not – Be Named in public.
2. That awkward moment that every women has experienced at least once in her life – approaching a totally random stranger and asking for extra sanitary napkin… and if you haven’t been there yet, don’t worry you might experience it soon..
3. Women today need to acknowledge what a miracle of technology Sanitary Napkins are.. You better begin to appreciate the fact that “once in a month, there is science in your freaking underwear… ” Own it girl !
4. Newfangled brands of the Sanitary Napkins like ‘She’ are selling them with a top marketing strategy – Money back guarantee. We can’t decide if it is a good thing or a bad thing and how does that strategy even work here!
5. Apparently there is a brand for Sanitary Napkins called, “Don’t Worry”.. Huh.
6. So, besides a unique name, this brand has this over the top advertisement for their product in which a woman throws a pad into a pond and the pad soaks the ENTIRE pond. Like seriously.. we are not even kidding.. Guess we got something to help in the flood situations..
7. Talk about priorities now a days.. No solution for nuclear weapon leakages but 400 doctors are trying to provide ‘maximum geelapan protection’ ..
8. Mahino ke un din.. mahino ke un din.. ” Why do you have to be Jitender on those 5 days of month ?”
9. And there is this another brand with a tagline, “if it irritates you then change it”.. Thanks for the advice though.. Not only that, the advertisement also has an inspiring background song..”Dil me hai umang..” Now we know what people mean when they say that Inspiration can come from anywhere..
10. Using periods as an excuse to bunk PT periods in school was the only awesome thing about puberty. And now, these advertisements are exposing our lie that we can’t do anything when on our period. Let us have the excuse, man! I mean what’s wrong with you people. What wrong have we done to you man.. ?
11. Gotta get deep know.. What is the story of these intricate flower design on these pads ?
This is perhaps the most funny and legitimate stand up act on Sanitary Napkins ever.. You do you girl !